Today I put a list together of the things I’m currently excited about. This is a more fun version of making a “gratitude list.” I make a gratitude list (list of things I am grateful for, if that wasn’t obvious) whenever I’m feeling sad about my life or when I am acting unappreciative for the things and people in my life. Today’s list of exciting things tends to include more material things and activities than a typical gratitude list.
Here’s the list (in no particular order)
1. Girl Scout Cookies! My friend from Maiden Voyage (Porscha’s Tuesday Night Women’s Meeting) has a daughter who is selling so I ordered 10 boxes. Naturally. Samoas anyone?
2. 2010 Tax Refund! Woo hoo shopping here I come! Slash, I will keep it in the bank like a good girl so I can someday have a prayer of paying for grad school. I hate it when a good chunk of my paycheck goes to the government every two weeks, but it is quite a nice surprise to get some cash back every Spring. Thanks Dad, for continuing to do my taxes even though I’m an adult.
3. The end of my three-hour-saturday-class! Only two more classes! Oh, then I have to take the test…ok, I will have to rethink this one.
4. Niece #1! She’s due the first week in May and I can’t wait to meet her.
5. Being a bridesmaid! Twice in 2011! Can’t wait for the first wedding in April!
6. NYC Ballet Spring Gala! I’ve never been to the NYC ballet and it turns out the tickets were totally reasonable at ~$30! It’s a black tie event too so Leo in a tux and fancy dress here I come!
7. Renewing my lease. I have yet to live in one apartment for more than a year in NYC and this month I am renewing for another year! Hooray for feeling like I have a home.
8. Cheap Massages! My last year in college (first year in recovery) I got a deep tissue massage every week because my mom thought it might help with my mental and emotional health (it did!). Sadly, massages in NYC usually cost 5-6 times as much and therefore my check book usually says no thank you. However, Groupon and LivingSocial have had some great deals lately and Leo and I are taking advantage!
I think that about covers the next two months of my life. In general I am grateful for: my friends, my family, my sobriety, my kitties and my newfound love of the blogworld.
Also – completely unrelated to today’s topic, but have I mentioned that one of the main reasons I love NYC is that everything is so convenient? Not that I frequent fast food joints but look what I found in my ‘hood:
We may not have Drive Throughs, but we have Walk Ups!
What are you excited about today?